- Mature Presentation – Fatalities make a triumphant return to their original violent form as Mortal Kombat gives its fans what they’ve been demanding. This new game also introduces the X-Ray move which gives fans a wince-worthy “inside” look at the internal damage their favorite fighter takes. Graphic details, never before possible are presented with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MK history.
- All New Game Play – By returning to its classic 2D fighting plane, mature presentation, and up to 4 player tag-team kombat, Mortal Kombat introduces an all-new fighting mechanic that’s both accessible and provides the depth that fighting game players look for.
- Deep Story Mode – Mortal Kombat offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players are taken back to the original Mortal Kombat tournament where they try to alter the events of the past in an attempt to save the future.
- Graphics & Technology – Characters, environments and fatalities have never been presented with as much gory detail as in this next generation Mortal Kombat. From internal organs to the most “realistic” blood effects, Kombat has never looked this good.
- New Game Modes – In addition to an enhanced online feature set, Mortal Kombat introduces Co-op arcade mode, Challenge Tower, and additional modes to be announced in the upcoming months.
- PlayStation 3 Exclusive Content – For the first time ever, Kratos joins the Mortal Kombat universe as a playable character. Additionally, the PS3 version will be playable in Stereoscopic 3D on compatible televisions.
- Huge Roster of Renowned Mortal Kombat Warriors – Fan favorite warriors including Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Sonya Blade, Jax and many more return to the arena.
The newest chapter of Mortal Kombat, the acclaimed fighting game franchise, marks a triumphant return to the series’ roots in the fastest and most brutal installment to date. Available on April 19, 2011 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Mortal Kombat goes back to a mature presentation and reinvents its classic 2D fighting mechanic in addition to adding new game-play features including tag team, a deeper story mode, and nostalgic arcade battle online and offline. Players will be able to choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches as well as several new game modes.
After centuries of Mortal Kombat, Emperor Shao Kahn has finally defeated Raiden and his allies. Faced with extinction, Raiden has one last chance to save Earthrealm. To undo the Emperor’s victory, he must strike Shao Kahn where he is vulnerable… the past.